Moon shot with the Nikon 1 V3.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jeffry7 Contributing Member • Posts: 545
Moon shot with the Nikon 1 V3.

Hi folks,

So I am a lunatic. I keep taking pictures of the moon hoping to get better and better images. I recently got a V3 and set it on an old 800mm mirror lens. At that focal length the moon takes up nearly the whole sensor. I had it on a tracker, a device to keep you pointed at the stars, but that can be hit and miss with the moon.

I loved being able to fire off 60 shots at a time though. 60 shots, re-center. 60 shots re-center.

Why so many shots? well I stack moon images to knock down the noise. I had the ISO up at 1600 because this mirror lens is slow. Also I had the shutter speed at 1/400 because I was having to touch the camera to start off the run of images. (The intervalometer will not work with this lens. At least that is what it said in the menu.)

I have a remote coming, but last night was clear enough I had to go out and try.

Moon from 10/16/2021

I am loving this little camera!

Nikon 1 V3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow