12-45 review in fall colors

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gary from Seattle Veteran Member • Posts: 6,001
12-45 review in fall colors

I really like this lens, now having done seven outings (six in the mountains) with it. Having used the 12-40 for seven years; I think I can say that the new lens renders colors even better than the 12-40. It also seems to have a little less contrast.

I thought I would miss the MF-S-AF snap ring but I really don't; at least not in most cases.

I don't see much in sharpness between the two. While I matched the 12-40 with the Panny 35-100 F2.8, I expect at a good price to match the 12-45 with the Panny 50-200 to give me a better shot at small wildlife. The difference in the two set-ups is only around 100 grams. So, I would cover 12mm to 200mm with two top tier lenses. Certainly still hikeable with the Olympus EM-1 II.

I don't find anything not to like about the 12-45.

14mm F6.3 from RAW image processed in Olympus Workspace. The color rendition is terrific. Body EM1-X

Gary from Seattle's gear list:Gary from Seattle's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow