I have joined the Olympus family!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BigBen08 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,169
I have joined the Olympus family!

Finally, this Canon shooter has bought a used E-M5 III and 7-14 f2.8

Both are described as being in excellent or near-new condition. I usually don't buy electronic gear used, as there is some risk. But I took a risk and bought both items off ebay sellers with great FB rating. I crunched the numbers and considering tax and shipping costs, I saved $875 over new.

The 7-14 f2.8 will be used for landscapes and museums. The lens does have drawbacks: heavy, large and prone to flares. Being so large kind of defeats the advantage of the micro 4/3 small size. Also can't accept a filter. I have read that a lens filter can reduce flare when shooting items behind glass, as in museums. I'm not sure if that is true or not. I have also read this lens is pretty good at close-ups.

Next I'll buy either the 12-40 or 12-45. I started a long thread on this last month. Some primes may be nice too.

Here's a question...Canon has DPP software that converts raw images and allows some editing. Does Olympus have a program like that?

Looking forward to my "new" Oly gear!

My best aviation photos: https://500px.com/kenfm2018

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow