EOS R6 Vs iPhone 13 Pro for Photography (PICS)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ThoreauAZ Forum Member • Posts: 90
Re: EOS R6 Vs iPhone 13 Pro for Photography (PICS)

boca wrote:

Last year i got the iphone 12 max pro with photography in mind. The extra reach and stabilized image made me get a max iphone for the first time (i used to mock their size, now a big fan of).

the quality of the imagines surprised me, i even did an a2 print. As long as you don’t pixel peep on a 27” or A2 is quite hard to see any difference.

i mainly wanted to have a replacement for the rx-1000VI when cycling and hiking, ended up taking majority of the pics this year with the iphone instead of 5D4.

dont get me wrong, the iphone does not compare, the level of details, crop options will blow an iphone out of the waters, but is a decent camera to have around. I dont cycle with r5&24-70rf, it weights a tone…best camera is the one you have with you and i have the iphone with me at all times…

Not an iPhone user, but have been enjoying all the luxuries of top tier cell phone cameras for many years and despite that, I've gone in the opposite direction.  Like a poster below, I too have had many an occasion where I only had my phone and took a shot and just have to grimmace internally wishing I had the real camera gear.

After the last year of encountering a half dozen gila monsters, dozens of rattlesnakes, and endless sunrises and sunsets and shooting them all on my phone (with remarkably good results but still no competition) I just changed the pack I ride with and started getting used to some added weight.

After years of slacking and not having anything but my cell phone with me, I've got a ways to go to dust off the cobwebs and try to re-develop some semblance of skill, but today was at least a payday in that after a few weeks of riding with the extra gear I did finally get a brief moment with a Western Diamondback.

Pretty obvious that my prior use of this lens has been landscape and not close up subjects. Gotta retrain my brain to stop down that aperture.

ThoreauAZ's gear list:ThoreauAZ's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon RF 28-70mm F2L USM Canon RF 50mm F1.8 STM Canon RF 70-200 F4 L
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow