EOS R6 Vs iPhone 13 Pro for Photography (PICS)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
higheronymous
higheronymous Regular Member • Posts: 271
Re: The outcome is inevitable.

MikeJ9116 wrote:

Most dedicated camera users have been dismissing the relentless fast pace of smartphone camera tech advancement for a decade. Even in the face of irrefutable evidence that smartphone tech is the future of mainstream photography. I have been saying for some time that traditional photography gear is ever moving toward a hobby that will be practiced by those with a lot of disposable income or very successful professionals.

We are seeing smart phone tech move to smaller ILC devices with MFT sensors. This is in its infancy but the trajectory is the same as smartphones. What smartphones did to the P&S segment these new MFT (and 1" sensor or smaller) devices will do to the ILC segment. These devices will be small, lightweight and, most importantly, AFFORDABLE. They will offer superb IQ, capability and nearly all the features of a smartphone.

If the current trends continue, the last Canon camera I will buy is one with an APS-C sensor and RF mount, if it comes to pass. I have FF cameras that are plenty good to meet my requirements for the rare times I need one. I am looking to greatly reduce the load of camera gear I carry as I get older. I welcome what the new generation of smartphone tech based photography gear will bring. IMO, what is coming will be nearly as big a revolution to photography as the move to digital sensors was over 20 years ago.

Film died and now the only people who stick with film are the ones who can actually do it, as opposed to the millions of hacks that flooded the world in the 70's and 80's.

There are still pro's who shoot film but you won't hear about them because their work isn't on Instagram... why? Because anyone who has the guts and perseverance to shoot film professionally remembers how much time and money went into that image. When you spend $500 on film and development for a trip you tend to second guess just posting the image all over the internet for free.

Then digital cameras came and the hacks rapidly flooded the digital camera world.

The iPhone came about just in the nick of time.

Finally there will be a professional's tool, and a hacks tool. Two worlds where we can both have what we want.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow