Settings for birds of prey in flight: Help!

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PistonPhotoUK
PistonPhotoUK Regular Member • Posts: 241
Settings for birds of prey in flight: Help!

Howdy all,

If it comes to cars or equestrian stuff I'm pretty much sorted, and for the artsy I know how to play, however I have been presented a challenge that is proving just that - a challenge!

Friends of mine have a new pair of birds they would like me to photograph in action, however birds of prey are by their very nature very fast and change direction unpredictably (at least to my inexperienced eye).

My question is does anyone have experience shooting BIF on an E-M1 Mk2 with Oly 40-150 2.8 PRO, and if so any pointers for camera settings such as focus points and such or am I best sticking to centre only CAF+TR as I am currently?

This was my go to as I felt the focus speed would be paramount, and the zoom would give me flexibility to try and catch the action as it happens. Worked for me up to this point so why not birds!

What I am getting currently:

Bonus from the fabulous Oly 75 1.8

Any help offered would be greatly appreciated as I am very new to the world of birding!

PistonPhotoUK's gear list:PistonPhotoUK's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm F1.8 +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow