Canon M50 Using Both LCD and Viewfinder

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Digirame Forum Pro • Posts: 39,998
Canon M50 Using Both LCD and Viewfinder

After a few months of using the Canon M50 MKII, there's one annoying thing about it (my first Canon mirrorless camera). I cannot use the viewfinder and the LCD screen at the same time, like I can for my Canon T7i (800D) cameras. The menu allows me to use either one, but not both from what I could see on YouTube (up close). I want to use the viewfinder for each photo and to chimp them on the LCD screen. To properly chimp each picture, I like to get close. However, the way this is designed, I cannot do that. Every DSLR camera I have ever owned allowed me to do both. Am I just to live with it or is there another way in the menu that I can make it work to the way that I want?

Is the Canon M6 MKII designed the same way? Are the Canon R cameras designed the same way too, allowing the user only one choice (as I described)? Thanks for any information.

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Canon EOS M6 Canon EOS Rebel T7i / EOS 800D / Kiss X9i
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow