RF 16mm on a tripod, long exposure, with Lightroom geometry tool

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SteveinLouisville
SteveinLouisville Senior Member • Posts: 1,234
RF 16mm on a tripod, long exposure, with Lightroom geometry tool

The way test lenses is by shooting photos of things around the house and neighborhood.  I went to Target today and, while there, saw a small, cheap Sunpak tripod for $20.  I bought it, just to have something to throw in the trunk of the car, and thinking it would be fine for use with a light, small prime like the RF 16mm 2.8 or 50 1.8. This tripod weighs nothing, and is pretty cheap plastic, but it does work, at least indoors with a light camera/lens.

When I got home, I put my RP, with 16mm lens, on it and shot a couple of photos in my basement, where there were straight lines, up and down.  I leveled it with the bubble level on the tripod head.  I shot ISO 100, f10, Av mode, with the shutter release set to 2 seconds.

In this example, one is the full frame, no crop, and max size, JPG.  The other is a version I opened in Lightroom and used the Geometry tool, set to Auto.  Interesting how much the geometry too cut out of it.  Hope you find this interesting.

Full Frame, no crop

Full Frame, distortion adjusted in Lightroom with geometry tool set to "auto."

SteveinLouisville's gear list:SteveinLouisville's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow