D5, A9… or waiting for Z9 (sports photography)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
primeshooter
primeshooter Veteran Member • Posts: 6,606
Re: D5, A9… or waiting for Z9 (sports photography)
1

Droster wrote:

primeshooter wrote:

lickity split wrote:

Droster wrote:

lickity split wrote:

michaeladawson wrote:

lickity split wrote:

Nikon will never make a MILC camera that beats its flagship DSLR ,I’d like to say they ain’t that stupid but you never know , Nikon is not going to abandon its DSLR flagship line just because they made its first pro body Z , to even think that is ridiculous, a D7 is in the works and it’s AF will be top notch , the Z equivalent will always lag behind

You are entitled to your opinion. As am I and others. In my opinion, you are simply wrong. You say Nikon isn't that stupid to make a mirrorless that tops their DSLR. Well, call them well on their way to stupid then because they've already for the most part said they were going to do exactly that.

Nikon made 80 million f mount lenses to date so now they’re going to eliminate the pro body that mates to them lenses , sounds like a silly thing to do when said like that no ?

We’ll see in two years

It's not like they're going to suddenly make all the DSLRs stop working via planned obsolescence. They'll just stop releasing new ones like a "D7". The current DSLRs will still work with said f mount lenses. If someone still wants to use those f mount lenses, they can buy any of the currently working DSLRs on sale.

The Z9 is also for people who have used the Z6 and Z7 for the past three years to move up to. We don't want to get a DSLR because of the simple fact that our Z mount lenses don't work on a DSLR.

It's not that silly when you think about it.

We don't need two years, we just need to wait two weeks.

So back to the original topic, just wait for the Z9 to be fully unveiled in a few weeks time. What the Z6 (12/14 fps) already does better than the a1/a9 (10 fps) is the higher fps mechanical shutter. Electronic shutter is still funky in indoor lighting. So at least we know Nikon is capable of side-stepping the banding issue with a better mechanical shutter with current existing technology. Let's hope we get either the same 14 fps mechanical shutter or even better than that.

What good is the 12/14 FPS on a Z6 if it can’t shoot moving subjects ,no ?

Df scenario all over again. Best low light sensor of the time from d4 but crappy af. Oh the irony...

Actually there’s a lot of middle ground between can and cannot shoot moving subjects. Just because it’s not the best at it doesn’t mean it cannot do the job. Don’t let hyperbole get the better of your arguments. But that’s besides the point because it goes to my second point, it’s not the best (read: D6) level yet, and it will change when we have the D6 successor in a few weeks.

Your argument doesn't compute. The reality, in the real world says it is nonsensical to place the best low light sensor next to really sub par af. The fact that some parlour tricks can get some shots in focus means very little to the logics of that argument.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
NCB
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow