FZ1000ii Experiences

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
VT
VT Senior Member • Posts: 2,523
Re: FZ1000ii Experiences

Franno83 wrote:

VT wrote:

However (not a criticism) I was a bit taken aback by the noise/mottling in the hover fly pic

crop of Franno83's pic

- this is what I would expect from the FZ80/82 with its tiny 1/2.3" sensor, not the 1" sensor of the FZ1000ii which is over 4x area/size. (hence the undesirability of pixel peeping)

Regardless - your pics are just so well composed - don't let any nerdy/technical issues prevent you from posting more, please

Hi VT, great to hear from you. All fine with me thank you. Had a grotty summer unfortunately, as I lost my lovely old Dad, but he was nearly 91 so he had an excellent run really.

Well, I expect it is operator error as usual! I'm not a pixel peeper so had no idea it was noisy. I'm wondering if I took this with the Raynox. Can't remember to be honest.

Sorry to hear about your Dad.

Neah! if you're happy with your results, then all other bets are off - also I think you are too modest - I seriously doubt it was "operator error".  Just because I spotted noise/mottling in the photo, cannot possibly invalidate it from being a good photo...

This is the whole point - pixel peeping is useful, for some technical aspects - but not really for judging a photo....

Best, and keep posting your goodies - always a pleasure to see them.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
VT
VT
VT
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow