Friday and Sunday mornings at the lake

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Busbob Contributing Member • Posts: 528
Friday and Sunday mornings at the lake

The sun had just come up and I found a good spot on the shore to watch for the Great Egrets.

Got a couple of shots, nothing very good, and as I was looking at the results on the camera back panel display I heard a bird cry, it was not a squawk, not a screech, but the sound did get my attention. Quickly I put the camera on an incoming bird and this is what resulted.

This might be a Red-shouldered Hawk. The guy flew right over my head going for a perch in a big oak tree behind me. Thank you RX10 IV autofocus!

That was Friday. This morning (Sunday) I went back to the very same place and there were two Great Egrets stalking breakfast.

They did not like me close so they moved off a bit. You can't see it until the last photo in this bunch but the lake was quite foggy. This bird is landing not too much farther away.

Behind me there was a bit of activity and this cute little Bluebird was watching me.

Of course my main hope for the morning was to have one of the egrets take off with the fog and sun for a backdrop.  And...it happened!

Capturing moments like this is worth tromping through wet grass in the early morning chill.

-- hide signature --

Every new day is a gift!

Busbob's gear list:Busbob's gear list
Sony RX10 IV
Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow