Why did you choose mirrorless ?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
perrrob
perrrob Regular Member • Posts: 108
Re: Why did you choose mirrorless ?

kierenlon wrote:

I didn't really choose mirrorless. I went from Nikon to Fuji. I did want a smaller camera but both are not pocketable, so benefit from a bag. The main reason was the lens system. Nikon wasn't putting out much for APS-C wider than 35mm, so I switched to Fuji with a great 15-45mm kit lens, a 23 & 35mm F1.4 and adapt some old Nikon lenses.

^ This

I also wanted something in a smaller and lighter size I could have with me at all times, the Fuji X100V does that for me. Great little camera!

It's a lot of fun to use ... I'm not overburdened with a ton of gear and the single focal length forces me to be more toughtful and to "work" on my composition before pressing the shutter button. Might be a psychological thing on my part but I feel this "gear minimalism" has helped me enjoy the creative process a lot more.

My Nikon DSLR kit now gets little use unless I need different focal lengths for more dedicated projects.

perrrob's gear list:perrrob's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
lft
(unknown member)
YWG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow