A6400 and A6600 for pro work

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Martin_99 Senior Member • Posts: 2,916
Re: A6400 and A6600 for pro work

Pennskull wrote:

Since they have such good af and iq is very good, would you consider those cameras for pro work?

For the money that you can get theesw cameras theese days with the sigma trio is tempting. FF is just too expensive both for the bodies (need at least two) and the glass as well.

Lets just say that the photographer in question uses many small memory cards and backup often with external devices during workdays, so 1 cardslot isn't the issue here.

Whats your five cents?

As already suggested, what kind of PRO work you have in mind?

As there are certainly a lot of proffesionals working with m4/3 of APSC format, I see as main profi format FF.

Your question seems a little bit odd to me, photographer didn't become a professional by purchasing two cameras and some lenses, right? He starting as enthusiast, buy his first camera, experimenting, shooting for his enjoyment and learning in the process. Than maybe his friends like photos, probably start to ask for some first cheap contracts etc. Two of my friends started this way and continue with their first old used FF camera and lenses purchased as cheap as possible.

Also for example when I ordered photographer for my wedding, I would be unpleasantly suprised by apsc camera on ceremeony, honestly.

Just my 2 cents...

Martin_99's gear list:Martin_99's gear list
Sony a6400 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow