***This week with your a7x/a9x/a1, Oct 16th - 22nd, 2021***

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
MicahSYL
MicahSYL Senior Member • Posts: 2,822
Re: The Search for Color

VisionLight wrote:

I took a 140 mile trip up western Connecticut's Housatonic River to the lower Berkshire Mountains, back across to New York and down the Hudson River in search of new displays of early Autumn colors. It is early but so far, this does not appear to be a good year for Autumn. Trees have been turning, but the majority of hues were muted browns or ochres and many trees have already shed the majority of their leaves. There was the occasional bright yellow or orange, but not a red to be seen. There's still plenty of green around, so I still have hope for the coming week's trip. But this week's trip was a disappointment. Except for finding a little shop that sold orchids. And I now have a new addition for our indoor garden:

A new welcome addition to our indoor Orchid garden (taken in our outdoor gardens before it was introduced to its new home).

Our outdoor gardens also still provide plenty of opportunity to find color, evidenced by this dwarf Hibiscus in an appropriate Halloween season color display:

A Dwarf Hibiscus in a salute to the colors of Halloween.

And as I walked out the door to the gardens one evening, I almost stepped on this colorful creature in the second or two before the security lights turned on. This tiny red back Salamander was right on the doorstep under my foot. I quickly went back in to get my nearby camera and flash, hoping the salamander would stay. And luckily it did:

This nighttime image of a tiny red back Salamander was caught with the 90mm macro lens and diffused flash.

So these are not the colors I intended to contribute to this thread this week, but Nature still gives plenty of opportunity.

Thanks for looking and comments are always welcome.

Great job with your macro lens.  Do hope you will enjoy your outings no matter what results you can get.  It is just great to be among nature, especially the fresh air.  Cheers.

-- hide signature --

The wonders in the tapestry of this Universe, demand a Greater Wonder.

MicahSYL's gear list:MicahSYL's gear list
Nikon D5300 Sony a6000 Sony a7R II Sony a7R IV Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow