SC-P600 new problem - suddenly ABW prints come out blue/green

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Beholdclarity New Member • Posts: 16
SC-P600 new problem - suddenly ABW prints come out blue/green

Hello Foromites,

I have had some issues in the past with my SC-P600 but now something new has come up.
After fixing a clogged PK nozzle with head cleaning cycles everything seemed to work just fine.

But suddenly, like from one day to the next, my ABW prints come out with a blue cast in the mids-tones.

I print in ABW mode from my Mac (no Updates recently), with OEM cartridges. No change wether the file has RGB or Generic Grey Gamma color profile. I leave color management to be managed by printer and have Epson Color Controls in the driver enabled and the Colors set to Advanced B&W. The same way I always did.

I printed a file I had previously printed, using exact same settings and paper (even same batch) the difference is like night and day.

Top: My old print (slightly bigger dimensions, all else equal). Maybe erring on magenta, but otherwise OK. Below my current results.
I am getting these results on all my papers, on all programs (Affinity, C1, Epson Print Layout). I always used the same Paper Profile (Premium Semigloss).

Multiple nozzle checks came back pristine. I replaced my vivid magenta, just to be sure. No change. Any ideas what I could do other than "live with it" and compensate in ABW color adjustment wheel?

Thanks,

Benjamin

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow