How to manage library with a mix of RAWs and JPGs?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alex SP Forum Member • Posts: 81
How to manage library with a mix of RAWs and JPGs?

Hey everyone.

I used to shoot in RAW only and had no problem with that, mostly because I was using an old Canon with 8mp sensor, so RAW files didn't weight a ton. Now I have an X-E3 and shoot JPG+RAW, and since each RAW file weights 50mb I see no reason keeping all of them. Most of the shots I take JPGs are good enough and there are only 5-10 photos from each photo shoot that I'd like to keep in RAW.

So here comes the question, how do you people organise all this? I use LR, and my current workflow is creating separate folders for RAW and JPG files for each day I made some photos. I copy all the JPGs from an SD to the specific folder first, then going through them and deleting everything which is sub-par. Then I just select a few RAW files on the SD that I need and copy them to the dedicated folder, too.

In general it doesn't sound that bad since I currently make no more than 200 shots a day (usually around 50). But it doesn't feel optimal. If I go to a holiday and say make a thousand or three thousand shots, then I have to double check which RAWs I'd like to keep. I might miss something or select a wrong file.

Would love to hear from people who manage both their JPGs and RAWs, any tips welcome.

Alex SP's gear list:Alex SP's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow