Hidden Link in the 21 announcement

Started Oct 16, 2021 | Discussions thread
James O'Neill Veteran Member • Posts: 6,038
Re: Hidden Link in the 21 announcement

Mike Arledge wrote:

Perhaps I just missed it before now because I usually browse on my iPad, not a desktop/laptop browser…

But while thumb scrolling the page I clicked on the part where there was the “from the development team” that I thought was a placeholder and was treated to all this extra info and coolness

https://www.ricoh-imaging.eu/eu_en/additional-product-information/limited-edition-content/a-message-from-the-development-team/

Apologies in advance if others already clicked, but I thought it worth its own topic.

I mean, just look at the photos of the lens mounted without its casing!

Thanks for sharing Mike.

It's interesting, seeing their passion for what they do, and it explains the uncased lens is so they can make adjustments before fixing the formula. (That's why it has those two scales.

Did you notice the thing on intentional soft focus wide open - oh boy people are going to complain - but also the Bokeh comparisons.

This - like the 3 amigos - is NOT simply a lens for those who want that focal length, it's a lens for those who want a lens which feels and renders like that - and will pay accordingly.

James O'Neill's gear list:James O'Neill's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow