fp and video stabilization

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dr.noise
dr.noise Veteran Member • Posts: 3,767
fp and video stabilization

Hi all,

I supposed I could use fp as a minimalistic video camera (i.e. "naked" without any additional gear) in my trips etc. Before that I used Oly E-M10 II and was pretty happy with it so I thought fp will make me even happier.

But I'm having a problem with stabilization. As an example, please watch this video:

It's shot with 50mm lens and this is my best effort to stabilize the camera handheld. I cannot do better, and the footage I get I consider mostly unusable. Even if I manage to be perfectly still, I still have heartbeat and it shows in the footage.

So, I definitely can't shoot handheld. Here are options I considered so far:

1. Stabilized L-mount lens – the existing ones are either not suitable or I cannot afford them. My whole point from the start was using old manual lenses.

2. Using some kind of passive stabilization like monopod or grain bag – will it help?

3. Using a gimbal like this: https://www.feiyu-tech.com/ak2000c/

4. Get rid of the camera as it's not feasible to do what I want like I want to. Sadly, I have thought of this option too.

What do you think?

dr.noise's gear list:dr.noise's gear list
Sigma DP2s Sony DSC-RX0 Sigma SD10 Sigma fp
Sigma fp
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow