Why did you choose mirrorless ?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Franglais91 Senior Member • Posts: 1,223
Z lenses are better

Several friends had switched to the Nikon Z system and I had noticed that they were getting very clear images with nice colours from their new cameras. And all the tests were showing that Z lenses can be used wide open and still get sharp results edge to edge.

I have a long trip to Australia coming up (when Coronavirus allows). At the time I was using my old D800 with the 28-300 and 18-35 for Travel. It worked just fine but it's rather big and heavy. When the Z5 came out with the 24-200 lens I went for it immediately. It's a much handier package to carry around. I have since added four prime lenses.

I still have my D850 as main camera. I don't think that the Z cameras will achieve the same level of performance until the Z8.

I'm very interested in the 24-105 Z which should allow me to get one and a half stops more light than my 24-120 f4 (which I close down to f6.3 to sharpen the image and remove light fall-off)

Franglais91's gear list:Franglais91's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon Z5 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
lft
(unknown member)
YWG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow