Canon Pro 4100 Driver Color Match Settings with Qimage

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
NAwlins Contrarian Veteran Member • Posts: 6,939
Got the answer, go try it.

Can follow to Main tab of driver. However, there is no Manual setting that I can see. Instead, under Main, there is a COLOR MODE with a sub choice of COLOR SETTINGS with sub 1:Color Adust 2: Matching 3 Clear Coating. Under 2 "Matching are the following: a Driver Matching, b ICC Profile Matching, c ICM, d OFF

No problems with setting printer .icc in Qimage "Printer profile." Just worried about the a, b, c settings above in combination with using a" printer profile" chosen in Qimage

Although I think ColourPhil is very likely correct--the setting for you to use is Matching -> Off--the obvious course of action is: try it. Take a known-good test file,* set the settings under consideration, and print it. Does it match what you see on a calibrated-and-profiled monitor with soft-proofing? If so, then the settings are almost certainly correct. If the print does not look correct, then try something different.

Have tried to get tech help from Canon by phone which is usually very, very, good. In this case they just said it was a question for Qimage and am unable so far to get answer from them (again, usually great help).

If Canon really told you this is a Qimage question / issue, then shame on Canon. The issue of what printer driver setting to use would be the same from Qimage, Lightroom, or any other color-managed software on a Windows computer.

*Preferably not one of your own images. I like Bill Atrkinson's print test image. A version of it, sized for letter or A4 paper, as a JPEG in sRGB, can be downloaded from my post at https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/61518002, or directly from https://3.img-dpreview.com/files/p/E~forums/61518002/5c6d44c0cad041c7bcc6572f2e140381.

NAwlins Contrarian's gear list:NAwlins Contrarian's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S30 Canon PowerShot S120 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow