Burnt out on my x100f

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Leolab Junior Member • Posts: 31
Re: Burnt out on my x100f

I got burned-out too.

I turned to film photography as a means to rekindle my interest in photography. I found digital to be too ‘easy’ …too easy to fire away at things that are not worth taking pictures of, too easy to not think about composition and lighting (with great ability to crop and alter shadows/highlights), too easy to get lost in the technical perfection (noise and noise reduction, resolution and megapixels), too easy to always nail exposure (with incredible ISO capabilities, auto-everything including AF). I still shoot digital but i enjoy shooting film more.

When everything comes together with film (lighting, focus, composition…) you feel like you created the image vs with digital you captured the image. The film cameras  themselves can sometimes be works of art or feats of enginnering and can be an absolute joy to operate as can the lenses…

I shoot B+W and develop my own at home, its actually pretty inexpensive and easy, including Medium Format.

Now i know that film is not for everyone, but IMHO its a great inexpensive way to reconnect with photography, and yes it does give a look that you cant’t easily replicate with digital…its just different.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rsn
rsn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow