Why did you choose mirrorless ?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Autonerd Senior Member • Posts: 2,736
Re: Why did you choose mirrorless ?

Travis Nicky Bombastus wrote:

Among cameras, nowhere is the disease of frequent firmware updates, that has infected many modern devices, more apparent than in mirrorless bodies.

Erm... DSLRs are also software-driven devices and also have updatable firmware. And FWIW I've only updated my Sony's f/w once in the 6+ years I've had it. And I only did that out of curiosity.

IMO this is silly reasoning. Also, not sure why a thread asking why people chose a mirrorless camera would be answered by someone who obviously hasn't chosen a mirrorless camera.

My ceiling fan has never needed a dubious software update to continue work. Nor has my bathroom faucet or lightbulb.

Neither has my mirrorless camera.

But you do make a great argument for shooting film (which I still do). No firmware needed on my 1975 Pentax KX!

This whole argument reminds me of the early 1990s when my fellow car fanatics feared that electronic fuel injection would be the death of the automobile as we know it. "Too complicated! Too sophisticated! We'll never be able to fix it!" 30 years on, the fuel injection system in our early-90s Chevy pickup still works just fine, and thank goodness, because it seems no one under the age of 30 knows how to start a carbureted car without flooding the daylights out of it. (Pump once and crank, people. It ain't that complicated.)

Aaron

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
lft
(unknown member)
YWG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow