So Sandisk Extreme Pro and Ultra have become confusing.

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tcbarb Forum Member • Posts: 83
So Sandisk Extreme Pro and Ultra have become confusing.

I used to think generally Sandisk Extreme and Sandisk Ultra could basically do the job on any single shot outing as long as the size in GB was enough to hold all the images you were planning to take. And if you needed speed due to movies or burst shooting Sandisk Extreme Plus or when it came out Sandisk Extreme Pro was the one to take.

I'm shooting with a couple of A77ii's now and happy and believe any Sandisk Ultra or Sandisk Extreme memory card at 80 - 95 mbs is as fast as the camera will transfer (though I am not completely sure) since I don't really burst shoot . So I set out to search around for an answer to what exactly is the difference now that both Extreme and Ultra go way over in GB what I will ever shoot and also to speeds I will never need.

I still read Extreme Pro is what most people keep writing they use.  I understand the Ex-FAT file thing on bigger size /faster cards, and that's beside my confusion. Nothing I found in about an hour explained what the difference between the two  is unless you got to the crazy sizes and speeds that I do not get any benefit from.

So is there any difference? Looking at a Sandisk Ultra 64GB/ up to 130mbs memory card today at a Microcenter, next to a Sandisk Exteme Pro 32GB/ 95mbs became confusing as they were both the same price implying Extreme had a higher price per GB than Ultra. It appears both Ultra and Extreme cards are both available in plenty big and plenty fast cards.  The only thing I could take away was to look at how big a card was (GB) and how fast it was (mbs) and ignore the Extreme or Ultra name. Is this how it is now - essentially no difference otherwise?

Thanks,

ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow