Is it possible to make digitised 35mm photos as good colour-wise as modern day digital photos?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP RJDG14 Regular Member • Posts: 140
Re: Is it possible to make digitised 35mm photos as good colour-wise as modern day digital photos?

I've found that even with my attempt to get my camera as perfectly aligned as possible with my negatives, I still seem to be unable to quite get the negative fully in focus. If I shoot with my camera fully aligned, I can typically either get all four edges in focus and the centre of the negative slightly out of focus, or the centre in focus and the edges out of focus. The negatives have no visible bending in my homemade cardboard holder as far as I can tell.

What I have been able to do, though, is take one shot of the negative with its edges in focus, then another from exactly the same position with the centre in focus, and then seamlessly manually stitch the two together in Photoshop. This is an old dusty negative that I've just tried that on (taken by one of my parents in Bath during the mid 1990s, I think 1994, 1995 or 1996):

It's not an infrared photo, but was taken on a very frosty morning, possibly on Christmas Day given the other photos that are on the same reel. The negative itself isn't one of the sharpest ones I have. Colour-wise I feel it looks reasonably accurate after I did some manual adjustment.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow