Why did you choose mirrorless ?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
KAAMBIC
KAAMBIC Contributing Member • Posts: 999
Re: Why did you choose mirrorless ?

Tbamed wrote:

For me I wanted Silent shutter...

My biggest reason was AF consistency, or the lack of calibration. I live in the midwest and heat and humidity play a big part in DSLR calibration problems, ie the need to alter the focus adjustments regularly. Going from AC indoors to a humid outdoors means you better let the camera temp adjust then recalibrate. I just hated always dealing with that.

With ML you can still have some AF issues like focus shift due to a lens design but for the most part, it's stable and consistent. Silent mode was another big one, although some brands still have too slow of a readout to make it useful (many Sony models).

There are features i really like on ML like the LCD being as capable as the VF with AF ect, but TBH, if DSLRs didn't have to be calibrated as they do, i'd still be using one as my main ILC. I prefer an OVF and i love the amazing battery life.

-- hide signature --

"Open, your blessed wings...
And wrap them, around all your things...
Keep yourself, in the company of kings...
Cause it's their hands, that bleed from the strings..." -

KAAMBIC's gear list:KAAMBIC's gear list
Nikon D300 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Fujifilm X-T3 Canon EOS R6 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
lft
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YWG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow