Canon pro-1000 and non original inks

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
orlovsn Junior Member • Posts: 45
Canon pro-1000 and non original inks

Anyone uses such combo?

I have hp z3200 that is very cheap to run (original inks often available on sales for <50$/130ml and most colors can be refilled from z6100 cartridges making them <25$/130ml, zero self cleanings, cheap print heads also available on sales and inexpensive original 24” roll paper) but now it needs large service that costs as canon pro-1000 on sale (yep, I like sales )

Also, I recently bought G540 (G550) for small prints and for water based inks on gloss, and while finally I was able to get really good results from it on luster/satin papers, I still find that gloss can be better

So I’m thinking about replacing both with one canon pro-1000 
I don’t print much, so I may live without roll feeder, and 17” is also ok for me, so p1000 looks reasonable choice but there is big BUT - Calculating expenses canon seems twice more expensive on inks (~65$/80ml) and I’ve read that when printing not much and not regularly I can further double that price because canon needs self cleans on regular basis, adding extra cost of paper in sheets, total cost of print seems to be 5-6x times more that looks not very cool. But I have also found some non-original inks (“hongsam” branded, also targeted for p1000, nice reviews from epson owners but no reviews from canon users) that offer about the same price as Z on originals

So, I have couple of questions:

Are non original inks competitive to old-gen original inks? I am totally satisfied with Z quality in all means, but is rather old device and p1000 probably can do better on originals, but will they be comparable when p1000 will be filled with aftermarket inks?

How long print head lasts on non original inks? I like canon’s feature of remapping nozzles (Z lacks it but can simulate it in multi path mode) but I worry about inability to catch head’s health problem on the start if something will go wrong with inks. I understand that it depends on inks, and doubt anybody used exactly hongsam brand, but hope somebody had practice with some non originals in time perspective

Canon seems to have vacuum paper fixer - can it take roll paper right after it being cutted (when it is far from being perfectly plain)?

Canon Pixma Pro-100 Nikon Coolpix P100 Nikon Coolpix P1000 Nikon Z6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow