Buying Advice ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pixcels New Member • Posts: 4
Buying Advice ?

Buying advice - dumb title ! Sorry about that.
I have been a pro for 50 years and am happy with my Nikon D850s.
But my clients want the occasional video and I'm not so happy with the 850's video capabilities - in fact it's a pretty useless video camera.
You can get good quality image but forget follow focus or Log modes or anything clever like that .
My video requirements are not excessive - Mic port obviously and headphone monitoring, but I do want the ability for the camera to focus accurately whilst shooting (without noise) and shoot in 4K (that'd be nice).

At the same time my wife has just rediscovered photography (stills) so I have passed on a Nikon D7000 with 17 - 55 f2.8. Nice lens - ok body. But she finds it too heavy (probably due to the lens).

Well Christmas is coming and I thought I could splash out on a new camera for her.
Wouldn't it be nice though if that camera shot great video too ? 
Then I could borrow it for my video shoots.
I've been with my full frame Nikons for so long now I've lost track of what's going on elsewhere: mirrorless, APC sensors, two-thirds or whatever.

So recommendations please for a rock solid, do it all camera that's light weight, without ridiculous menu systems, and super quality ... for about £30 !
Well I could go a bit more but budget will be a major consideration.
Happy to consider a 2nd hand unit.

Thoughts please

pixcels's gear list:pixcels's gear list
Nikon D850
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow