Issue with RF 24-105 L

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP f8f8f8 Regular Member • Posts: 192
Re: Issue with RF 24-105 L

I have to correct one statement that I made above. After checking my notes I see that John from Canon CPS did indeed call me on 10/7/2021. He said that he received the pictures thet I sent to them and he is forwarding them to the repair technician. He also said that they are paying attention. I do not want to misrepresent any part of this situation, hence I felt compelled to correct my prior statement that Canon didn't initiate any contact with me.

One new idea that came to me this morning is to request that Canon email me the results of their resolution tests on my lens. That would probably speed up the repair process if I could see the results they are getting that they feel is in spec. I have a feeling that they will not be willing to share their test data, but its worth trying to obtain a copy so that I can see their results and what they think is in spec.

f8f8f8's gear list:f8f8f8's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow