Best lenses for landscape without distortion (or minimum)

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nemendes Forum Member • Posts: 53
Best lenses for landscape without distortion (or minimum)

Hi Everyone!

I mostly shoot streets, portraits but recently i am interesting in landscape and indoor shooting. My widest-angle lens is xf18mm f2 and i tried to shoot with it but it has quite noticable distortion, especially on raw files and when you shoot from ground level. I shot streets with this lens before but it was mostly b&w and from head level, and i know it doesnt have best IQ but it has beautiful rendering. I was interested in frame than sharpness when i shot b&w. But now i wanna try to shoot landscape and indoor, thats why i need some precious advices about it. My priority is minimum distortion and maybe weight

For xf 14mm, xf 16mm f2.8 i have no idea about IQ and distortion.

For xf 16mm and xf 18mm f1.4 , i heard they are wonderful lenses without distortion. I tried xf 18mm but not for landscape and i didnt look at distortion at that time. I just realized that how big was after f2 version and i wasnt that comfortable to shoot streets with it. But of course if it has min. distortion, then i ll consider it buying seriously.

and there are xf 10-24 and xf 18-55mm zoom lenses. Btw, i really wanted to get xf 18-55 for my landscape shootings but i m also heard that these two lenses have quite distortion. But zoom lenses are just comfortable to shoot landscapes, so i wish one of them would be enough for me

I know that distortion can be fixed by program but with xf 18mm f2 for example, raw files werent good looking, details werent quite enough. Thats why i wanna have a lens having minimum distortion.

thanks for your help in advance!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow