D610 vs. D750: How much difference in AF, general handling.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ausserirdischesindgesund Junior Member • Posts: 42
D610 vs. D750: How much difference in AF, general handling.

I am currently thinking about upgrading my D700 (bought used, when it cost about as much as the D750 costs used today) to either a D610 or D750, for various reasons: On the one hand I think I want the higher resolution, at least I want to try out if more pixels help my photography. Dynamic range and higher ISO are probably nice too, and I would love to have a slightly less heavy body. Now I know that the D700 is probably more robust and professional, but it is a bit too heavy for me, at least off the tripod, if I carry it around for hours.
I think image quality wise there is no big difference between the 610 and the 750, the one feature I would love to have on the 750 is WiFi. Another difference I am currently a bit undecided on: AF on the 750 is supposed to be better. But by how much? My use case for fast AF is taking pictures of my children and other portraits, no sports. Children are  quite demanding, AF-wise, though. With the D700 and a Sigma 50mm 1.4 I sometimes just get 50% of fast shots in focus, if everything moves (the child and I myself with the camera) and at close distance (e.g.1m/4ft.)

Is the eye-AF on the D750 a game changer, how helpful is it in these really quick situations?

Is something beside the AF improved in a way that makes a practical difference? I think the tilt display is nice, but not important to me (for this camera and the way I use it). Is the menu system better? Does the camera generally react faster (besides AF)?
The D610 costs me about half to 70% of the D750 in good used condition, and WiFi by itself does not warrant that huge difference to me. So I am really thinking along the lines of "is the D750 markedly better in AF?"

Ralph

Nikon D610 Nikon D700 Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow