Issue with RF 24-105 L

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP f8f8f8 Regular Member • Posts: 192
Re: Issue with RF 24-105 L

Update. After calls to CPS about my lens repair, after uploading JPEG photos to them, after uploading the RAW photos to them, after additional calls to them...today when I called I was told they are still waiting for me to send in my R5 camera! I said what? Supposedly on October 7th they requested that I send in my camera as they are having difficulty duplicating the situation. I was never told this. They have my phone number. They have my email address. I wrote on the repair form to please call me to discuss. They never called me, not once. In every case I have called them for information. I asked to speak to the repair technician (I was currently speaking to a CPS supervisor after asking to speak to one) and was told they don't do that. I said it would certainly expedite matters as there is a lot lost through the CPS middlemen which a quick conversation with the repair tech would likely clear up. No, they don't do that. I requested and received a free shipping label. So, tomorrow I send my R5 to Canon to help them figure out what is happening. "Funny" (I am NOT actually laughing!) that they didn't request it the first time they supposedly repaired the lens. Since my 1 year warranty is lapsing on both my R5 and RF24-105L lens but wasn't when I originally sent the lens in for repair I told them I am not paying for any repairs.

I am now on vacation/staycation for a week. For a while now I have been looking forward to shooting the NE Ohio fall colors this upcoming vacation week with my R5 & RF 24-105L lens. Yes, first world problem as I will now use my 5D MIII and EF 24-105L lens. But with the pandemic still around and no real travel plans, I was really looking forward to the increased dynamic range of the R5 and the improved sharpness of the RF vs. EF gen 1 lens. I will keep posting the progress of this situation until it is resolved. So far, Canon has not been coming anywhere close to my reasonable expectations.

f8f8f8's gear list:f8f8f8's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow