What is in your opinion a camera (or cameras) that is a joy/enjoyable to use?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
richiebee
richiebee Veteran Member • Posts: 4,422
Re: What is in your opinion a camera (or cameras) that is a joy/enjoyable to use?

Emanuel88 wrote:

What camera do you think makes photography, the process itself, enjoyable? rather than just focusing on the result, I think lots of us want to enjoy the process because we're not professionals, it's not a job to take pics for us so we want it to be a great experience, using the camera itself.

A camera that doesn't get in the way of getting the shots I see would win my vote. There are lots of elements that come into play here, from the ergonomics of the button placement, to the ease of navigating the menus. Most importantly for me is something that responds very quickly and my favourite, of all the cameras I've used is the Nikon D500.  Unfortunately, image quality isn't really the best.  But for the shooting experience, I've never had a camera like it. I have one here that I haven't used in quite a while, because it doesn't suit the subject matter I shoot.  But I can't part with it, because I know when I'm looking to shoot some action again, this will be the one I reach for.

richiebee's gear list:richiebee's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7 II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rsn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow