RF 16mm in stock at my local store

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SteveinLouisville
SteveinLouisville Senior Member • Posts: 1,238
RF 16mm in stock at my local store

They called me and told me that one had come in, so I went down there and bought it. A couple of things to know...

I shot RAW and DPP4 indicated that no lens profile was loaded, so I clicked "add profile." The box of lens options opened, but I had to manually scroll through the list to find the lens. Other lens profiles I have loaded automatically check boxed the right one. No biggie, just a FYI.

Just have a couple of shots with it so far, but I wanted to check out straight lines and how it handled distortion. I saved the RAW files as JPGs, then loaded the JPGs in Lightroom. I used lightroom's geometry tool set to "auto" to see what would happen.

I also loaded a RAW file into Lightroom, and since Lightroom doesn't have a lens profile for this lens, the photo looked pretty bad. Here are a few random photos from today.

With Lightroom geometry correction set to auto

With file opened in DDP4, saved as JPG, then that JPG opened in Lightroom and geometry correction set to auto

With file opened in Lightroom, no corrections, saved as JPG

SteveinLouisville's gear list:SteveinLouisville's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow