Is this voyeurism?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
New Day Rising
New Day Rising Senior Member • Posts: 6,496
Re: Is this voyeurism?

Halina123 wrote:

I confess that I often take candid shots through trees.

Here was the unusual sight of a young person carrying a large camera round their neck.

The challenge was getting an accurate focus thru the branches.

The question for me is why take this photo?

Had you not mentioned it I would probably have flicked paat without even noticing the camera or realising it was a young person. Admittedly I am viewing on a phone, so a very small screen. But it is hard to see much through the branches.

I'm guessing that photo was not taken with any intention of sharing it with an audience, so its merits as a photo don't really matter. But what is its purpose from your point of view? Just a record that you saw a person with an SLR? That's uncommon, but not so unusual that you would need a record of it even if a poor quality record. I mean, if I was walking in the forest and saw a unicorn I would grab any photo I could, but why this one?

And more to the point why do you often take candid shots through trees? That is starting to sound a bit creepy and stalkerish. I don't know the environment you were in of course, but suspect that a young woman might started to feel very uneasy and concerned for her safety if she realised someone was hiding in the bushes taking sneaky photos of her.

-- hide signature --

All lies and jests; Still a man hears what he wants to hear; And disregards the rest

New Day Rising's gear list:New Day Rising's gear list
Nikon D7200 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Fujifilm X-T2 Sony RX100 Nikon D50 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Bob
Bob
Bob
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow