I think I've cracked it!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Barry Reynolds
Barry Reynolds Regular Member • Posts: 175
I think I've cracked it!

I've been searching for ages for the perfect lens for the M6 ii.

The 11-22mm is great but it doesn't provide enough bokeh for dog portraits and too dark at f5.6 at 18mm (equiv. 28mm)

I've tried a 35mm f2 with a speedbooster. The bokeh is great but it's too close and the depth of field is too shallow at f2.8.

What I used here was the 11-22mm at 19mm @ 5.6 with the internal flash set manually to maximum and pulled back.

This gave a good exposure and ISO 800 with 1/125 second. I then imported into photoshop and used the new Neural Filters and downloaded a depth map before applying a lens blur. I added a bit grain to the bokeh and set to maximum.

I think this look realistic and the face is in focus as well as sharp from using ISO800. Below ISO 800 the image starts to soften.

Barry Reynolds's gear list:Barry Reynolds's gear list
Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow