How/where repair a D5 sub command dial?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CaneHorn Junior Member • Posts: 42
How/where repair a D5 sub command dial?

Hi;

TIA for some help.  My D5's sub command front dial stopped working and I sent it in to Nikon only to have it sent back.  They are refusing to service it because it was not made in the USA even though I can document a private purchase from a US based individual seller.

What are my options for repair?  I've called around some shops and they all say can't get the part.  Searching google I can't even find a source for the part much less a repair place.  I'm the Dallas area and hoping I can take this in to someone but if I have to ship it, so be it.

Still fuming over Nikon policy.  There is no database to protect yourself from used purchases they won't support other than always buying new from authorized dealers.  This still doesn't make sense to me.  What about people that move like the seller of my unit?  Sheesh...

Thanks for any leads on repair options!

Rich

Nikon D5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
cjb
cjb
cjb
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow