ACDSee won't let me "Restore to Original"

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mount evans
mount evans Regular Member • Posts: 489
ACDSee won't let me "Restore to Original"

It appears that ACDSee Professional 2021 will not allow me to discard my previous developing steps and start from scratch.

As you can see in the screenshot below, the "Restore to Original" option is greyed out, and according to the "History" panel, I don't have one. This is not true, because the program claims to be editing a RAW file called P9270538.ORF, and what is displayed on the screen is very different from the image in the RAW file.

Screenshot of ACDSee, with no option to return to original.

The fact that I cannot view my editing/developing history is especially annoying. I am fairly certain that the RAW file has not been overwritten, because I have opened it with other developing programs and it still looks like it did originally.

If I delete the file P9270538.xmp, will that force ACDSee to forget and treat the file as if it had never been edited? What might the other consequences be? I would really prefer a more civilized solution, but I am prepared to go all "Sing Daisy, HAL" if I have to.

-- hide signature --
 mount evans's gear list:mount evans's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow