Want to build out new kit for travel

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Scruffy90 New Member • Posts: 7
Want to build out new kit for travel

I have been on 3 trips this year and i'm starting to realize that maybe the kit that I have been using might be a bit on the heavy side.

On trip one through the mountains I used my Canon EOS R, Tamron 24-70 f2.8 g2, and Tamron 70-200 f2.8 g2. This kit was simply too heavy to take to the mountains with me for prolonged periods of time.

On trips 2 and 3, I was in the Caribbean and used my EOS R and RF 24-105 f4L. It wasn't particularly heavy, but I was constantly on the move, mainly on a motorcycle and boat. So it wasn't always feasible to carry with me.

I used my iPhone on all 3 trips for any quick pic that I posting to social media immediately. I also have a Fuji x100, but it has become a bit long in the tooth, especially when it comes to video.

I was looking at the FUJI X system again for a travel kit as I am familiar with the system, but am also wondering if it's worth just further building out my Canon kit.

I do print at least 2 photos every trip, usually on slightly larger canvas, so a high mp count would be nice. Good video is a must as I always try to shoot video every trip. I do not need f2.8 or faster, but it would be nice to have if it isn't ridiculously heavy like my tamron zooms.

Have any of you guys made this sort of jump? What would you recommend in terms of travel?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow