Camera for mostly indoor Bird photography

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Hanfos
Hanfos New Member • Posts: 6
Camera for mostly indoor Bird photography

Hello Pro's,

i am searching for a camera to take pictures of my parrots and thought that u might be able to help me 🙂

At the moment I still use a iPhone Xs Max but I just cant take good pictures of my new Ringneck. His feathers always end up as mud because they are too tender and there is not enough light for the small sensor I guess?

Here a example:

But when I have a little bit more light from outside the pictures suddenly look like this:

and I really like how they look outside:

Can you recommend me the perfect camera for me which costs less than 1000€? (also could cost more cuz i might just get a used one then)

I mainly take pictures of them inside my apartment and I would like to take sharp beautiful pictures without artifacts and wrong colors of my Birds but i don't mind if the camera also performs great outside and of Birds while flying

Ive read that the Sony Alpha 6400 is good for taking pictures of Birds and also when they are flying because of the fast autofocus but then i also read that its eye detection doesn't work on Birds 🤔 I guess a big sensor is really important because of the lack of light?

edit: I also have often the problem that the shutter speed is too slow so the pictures always end up blurred because my parrot moved in that time or my hands are not still enough

Well I am open to any advice and recommendation you can give to me!

Hanfos's gear list:Hanfos's gear list
Apple iPhone XS Max
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow