Focus stack with bracketing workflow and post processing?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Cee_Z
Cee_Z Junior Member • Posts: 41
Focus stack with bracketing workflow and post processing?

Just wondering how everyone would handle this situation.

Currently looking at 9 total images. 3 sets of bracket (light, normal, dark, frames) with 3 focus points (foreground, midground, background(sky)

From my understanding watching youtube videos, it seems that best way is to:

1. Process in light-room for basic changes only. Profile, WB, sharpness removal, camera calibration. (DO NOT mess with exposure, highlights, shadows etc...)

2. Bring in the 3 front focus images into photoshop and align.. Bring in the 3 midground focus image into photoshop and align.. finally do same for background.

3. You will now have 3 focus blended images with different 3 different exposures...light, normal and dark.

4. Finally exposure blend the 3 to taste.

The only issue I can't see to resolve is the loss of being able to edit as smart object layers. Unless I try to convert the final merged layers back into a smart object and then adjust as needed. Also at that point use layers to adjust image as needed.

Anyone have a workflow that can incorporate smart objects so I can have more latitude for adjustments? Maybe i am overthinking all of this too lol.

Cee_Z's gear list:Cee_Z's gear list
Sony a6300 Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (E/EF-M mounts) Sony E 16-55mm F2.8 G Sony E 70-350mm F4.5-6.3 G OSS +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow