Leica D-lux7

Started 1 month ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
User2608451515 New Member • Posts: 1
Leica D-lux7

I am an 85 year old professional photographer and have used Leica cameras for quite awhile.  I was looking for a lighter weight camera that would still serve my purposes and bought the Leica D-lux7.  By and large it has proven satisfactory but with these caveats.  First of all, others have noted the problem of the “A” button’s proximity to the “on-off” switch and it is indeed just that: a real problem and can be accidentally pressed unbeknownst to the photographer, and with unfortunate consequences, among which are that the usual menu screen disappears.  Of equal concern to me is the fact that the camera is “gimmicky,” meaning that it has dozens and dozens of functions that are neither needed, necessary  or used by most photographers.  This is always the result when a computer is added to an instrument as then the sky is the limit in terms of the various add ones that can be tossed in.  With their main line cameras, Leica has done a very good job of avoiding this pitfall, thus providing the photographer with only what is needed and useful.  Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge the same doesn’t apply to any of the better light weight cameras on the market today.

User2608451515's gear list:User2608451515's gear list
Sony a7 II
Leica D-Lux 7
17 megapixels • 3 screen • 24 – 75 mm (3.1×)
Announced: Nov 20, 2018
User2608451515's score
Average community score
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow