Is this voyeurism?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
techjedi
techjedi Veteran Member • Posts: 4,088
Re: Is this voyeurism?

Bob wrote:

techjedi wrote:

Halina123 wrote:

If you saw someone with hundreds of photos of women's feet, you might think they had some fetish, but you might discover they are a podiatrist and photos are patient's feet and change your attribution. Again, intent and context matter.

In the end, I think we should avoid drawing conclusions about the photographer from photos that have no context and present no obvious moral dilemmas in the scene.

We should also consider what the OP is really asking. Perhaps "voyeurism" was a poor choice of words and really just wanted to know if it was socially acceptable. As you said, context is everything. Laying in wait is vastly different than just snapping a photo while hiking.

Good point. I know "street photography" is a genre that some people have honest intentions about, but really afraid about being creepy in public. I think the OP is probably (hopefully) concerned about that.

techjedi's gear list:techjedi's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony RX100 Sony RX100 VA +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Bob
Bob
Bob
(unknown member)
Bob
Bob
Bob
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Bob
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow