camcorder with 120 fps 1080p for slow motion?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Joe Lynch Senior Member • Posts: 2,380
camcorder with 120 fps 1080p for slow motion?

A pistol shooting friend of mine asked what camera I would recommend for his use in recording his golf swing as well as his targets at the shooting range.  The shooting range application is easy--I have used Canon R800 and R400 camcorders for that and they cost $200-$250 if you can find one.  The golf swing analysis requirements are tougher.  I don't know anything about golf analysis so I watched a dozen YouTube videos and the golfers don't know much about video cameras or recording audio, I'm afraid.  Since this is a dual purpose camera, I'm thinking something like a Sony AX43 or AX53 are possible candidates.   I'm thinking something similar in a Canon or Panasonic camcorder model also.  I don't want to recommend a phone or tablet because he needs a longer focal length lens for the shooting range and most of the golfers struggled with perspective problems when using the wide angle lenses on their phones.  Rolling shutter can be a problem with a golf club swing so smaller sensor cameras seem like a good approach, thus the camcorder option.  Anyone here have any experience along these lines to share?

Joe Lynch's gear list:Joe Lynch's gear list
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 Olympus 150-400mm F4.5 TC 1.25x +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow