K3III & PLM 16-50mm @ f2.8 for wedding.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
manual_focus Senior Member • Posts: 1,439
K3III & PLM 16-50mm @ f2.8 for wedding.

Recent wedding where I used the K3III with the new PLM DA* 16-50mm to take images wide open just to see what it would do. These are just snaps under tough lighting (side cast sunset that was very red/yellow and candle light/ incandescent) at ISO of 400 and 3200. I don't have what the AF settings were but obviously the K3III went for the closest eye it could resolve.

The full size images show a range of situations which would normally require some changes to the setup but I stuck with f2.8.

While this version weighs more than the previous (712 vs 565 g) I never found it heavy or cumbersome. I even shot with this setup at a museum for five hours with no issues. Useful as a wedding setup? I'll let you decide.

Enjoy.

Full size image showing focus point and depth of field at f/2.8.

Tough lighting/color balance. What happens when there is no eye because everyone squints?

DOF is too small if the eyes are not all in the same plane. The K3III picks the closest eye to the camera even if it is behind a pair of glasses.

DOF was just enough as everyone's head was in the same plane. Best when shooting straight on.

Candle light/incandescent lighting at ISO 3200. 1/15 sec shutter is generally too slow. Too much movement of the subjects and I'm just not as steady as I used to be. This one worked. I have no idea about the circles of light upper left.

Best viewed at "original size".

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow