Meager setup does Switzerland

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rsf3127 Regular Member • Posts: 410
Meager setup does Switzerland

I have been traveling through the south and east of Switzerland over the las 2 weeks and have chosen to bring a very austere setup in order to save weight while hiking (my main activity here, since watches and chocolate are more expensive than ever).

I brought the 9-18 mm, the 40-150 mm and the pana 20mm 1.7f along with my EM-10II. And nothing more.

Used all the three a lot, with a slight predominance of the former, in order to capture the grandeur of some of the mountain top scenery.

Everything went smoothly. My camera performed stellarly even under -20°C, snow and crazy wind @ Glacier Paradise and Gornergrath. 2 batteries were all I needed and with some planning never run out of juice in the field even after more than a thousand clicks.

Some pics:

Muottas Muragl Lake

Alp Langard trail

Lake St Moritz

Ebenalp

Mount Pilatus

As a side note, my wife stood next to me when I was fotographing the biblical sun rays at the top of Mount Pilatus and took the same picture with her Huawei P30 Pro.

Mount Pilatus

Can you guess which one is from the cellphone and which one is from the EM-10II?

I even managed to do some BIF with panning, but reckon that the results are poor with the 40-150mm and my lowly camera.

black bird @ Ebenalp.

Some more pics in my flickr page. Link Will be adding over the weekend.

Hope you enjoy. Have a nice day.

Cheers.

rsf3127's gear list:rsf3127's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Olympus Air Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +13 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow