Nikon 500mm 5.6pf or Sony a9 and 200-600

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kitanaka
kitanaka Regular Member • Posts: 499
Nikon 500mm 5.6pf or Sony a9 and 200-600

Hello. I am a d500 user and like it and know it is a good camera. I use it with my 300mm 2.8 and Tc and am happy with it. It delivers great results. However I have always felt the autofocus isn't perfect and obviously wondered about the Sony A9 and the Canon R6. I have recently got a little bit of money handed down to me and have decided to either get the 500mm and continue with Nikon or grab the Sony A9 and 200-600...they are about the same price ( all used of course ) It then means I would have to start getting rid of my other nikon lenses which is a big effort and will take time but if I get better bird shots ( which is what I do 90 percent of the time) then I think it maybe worthwhile! I am not interested so much in the Z cameras. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

p.s I wouldn't be considering this if I hadn't received the money

kitanaka's gear list:kitanaka's gear list
Nikon D500 Olympus E-M1 II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED-IF VR Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH
Canon EOS R6 Nikon D500 Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow