Sony RX10 IV Photos Downloading Dark

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Enders Shadow
Enders Shadow Veteran Member • Posts: 3,510
Re: Sony RX10 IV Photos Downloading Dark

leftylynn wrote:

I took a photo with the new card, downloaded it to the computer. Put in the old card, took the same photo and downloaded it to the computer. The photo from the new card looks good on the camera screen and bad on the computer. The photo from the old card looks good on the computer screen and on the computer.

How disappointing! Now I have all of these pics from two different trips taken on this crummy SD card.

Doesn't anybody else have a issue with this idea?

Memory cards don't have ability change image brightness. When they do corrupt data, it's usually fairly obvious. File is unreadable, random or repeating patterns, fragments of other images and many other possibilities. But they won't globally change luminosity.

I can't think of a reason why there would be any difference. Maybe you have a custom settings stored on 1 of the cards. You should post both images so we can examine them.

The image you posted was taken in auto exposure mode. Spot metering point mode was selected and the EXIF data strangely indicates multi frame noise reduction was used. As has been mentioned, f/7.1 seems like a unusual aperture selection.

-- hide signature --

Phil

Enders Shadow's gear list:Enders Shadow's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Olympus Tough TG-3 Fujifilm X30 Casio EX-ZR5000 Canon EOS 7D Mark II +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow