Is it possible to make digitised 35mm photos as good colour-wise as modern day digital photos?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP RJDG14 Regular Member • Posts: 141
Re: Is it possible to make digitised 35mm photos as good colour-wise as modern day digital photos?

Couldn't they have potentially made special APS-like 35mm cartridges for dedicated cameras instead? This would have given all the benefits of APS film and would have also given the picture quality of 35mm film.

I have an early 90s 35mm automatic point and shoot camera and loading the film is pretty easy - you put it into the left cylinder and then pull the film out of the cannister slightly and into the right cylinder a little, then shut the back and the camera automatically adjusts the film to the suitable position.

Did any professional photographers switch to APS film in the 1990s? I'd imagine most would have carried on using 35mm film, and a few may have used higher resolution formats.

May I ask here what the approximate maximum resolution capability of cheap consumer grade 35mm was? I've found a mixture of information about 35mm film, with some sources claiming that it was capable of only around 5MP (most of my film is definitely above this) and others claiming it was capable of up to 24MP (which I'd imagine was only the case with certain high end reels).

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow