Peak Design 30L Everyday pack vs. Nomatic PM camera pack??

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Zendit_Outdoors Forum Member • Posts: 63
Peak Design 30L Everyday pack vs. Nomatic PM camera pack??

I’m debating whether to get a Peak Design Everyday 30L backpack or the Nomatic McKinnon 35L camera pack. Has anyone had BOTH of them? I’m looking for an actual/practical size comparison. I’d be curious to know whether the Nomatic PM bag is actually much bigger (than the PD pack) when it’s not fully expanded?

I think the Nomatic bag would suit me better (I like how it opens to expose the entire main compartment) but I’m afraid it’s going to be too big; because I don’t know how big the expandable (basically clothing) section is. If the bag is actually only 28-30L when the bag is compressed, I think it’d be better. I really like the side pockets that fold flat but open large to accommodate a tripod like my Peak Design tripod. On the other hand, the Peak Design bag has some really cool looking organizational and operational features and the much lower (all inclusive) price tag is WAY more appealing than the ridiculous price for the Nomatic! Ugh. I can’t decide. I wish there was a place where I could see them both in person…. But there isn’t. Can’t find a direct comparison on YouTube either.

I need something to hold a bunch of gear when I’m out working on the ranch - something to protect it while we’re bouncing down rough roads and keep most of the dust that fills our environment from being able to drop onto my gear. Sometimes I’ll carry it off an hour or two but this is mainly intended to protect and organize whatever I take with me. 1-2 Sony A7 series bodies, 3 lenses, DJI Air 2S with the fly more kit, iPad Pro 12.9” and misc gear like a couple mics, filters, cables, memory cards, etc. I may also just take one camera body and put the other into a separate sling bag

Any input or advice would be appreciated!

Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow