Win11 adaptation poll

Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
CBR1100XX Senior Member • Posts: 1,236
Re: I will wait at least 1 year

Eric Carlson wrote:

GodSpeaks wrote:

... or maybe longer.

The first release of anything from MS is usually very buggy, with many things still a work in progress. There is also the issue of many changes that may not be popular with the installed base. It will take MS 1 if not 2 or 3 major updates to fix the issues and respond to user discontent. After the 3rd update, Win11 may be usable.

I waited over 2 years to upgrade to 10 (from 7). Never used Vista or Win8/8.1.

Agreed. I also never used Vista or Win 8/8.1. Windows 7 was good, Windows 10 is good now. We might need to wait for Windows 12, or lease several updates to Windows 11.

11 is more like Windows 7 or 10 AKA just an evolution of the last one VS a big change.  Even the UI which was the big issue with 8 with its' removing of the start bar and metro interface is mostly tweaks.  A few things will take getting used to but the overall way you interact with it are very similar to 10.  The performance issues that are cropping up are going to be worked out both on Microsoft/app developers ends within the next few months except for a few examples as is always the case so it should be good to go.

But with so many unable to update Windows 10 likely isn't even going anywhere so I wouldn't worry.  Some of the big features are even being backported.  Microsoft is saying they might not have the same performance but that's one of those things we'll just need to wait and see about.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
jfk
(unknown member)
jfk
MOD Austinian
(unknown member)
MOD Austinian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow